“Pitch your business expansion plan and WIN $10,000+ investment from YALDA!”
Welcome to the Youth Delegate Registration Page
The YALDA i-Boot Camp is an intensive training program for young African entrepreneurs in trade or wishing to be involved in trade. It provides a platform to connect with dedicated investors and overcome the challenges of securing capital. The program offers comprehensive training for business expansion and prepares participants for financing. The unique aspect of YALDA i-Boot Camp is its commitment to connecting participants with actual angel investors, seed investors, funds, and debt providers who support exceptional youth businesses. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to grow your business as a young entrepreneur in Africa.
Registration is by application only. Please note that due to the change in the format of the i-Boot Camp, YALDA has a new special requirement for all applicants in order to be considered as a delegate: you must have an operational business that is one that has customers and is already generating revenues that you are looking to expand to other African countries. On a limited basis we will consider those with exceptional technical skills that are looking to join a business to help it expand across borders. All application responses are completely confidential and will not be divulged to any third parties and will not be used for any other purposes other than the sole purpose of assessing your candidacy as a delegate for the YALDA i-Boot Camp, 2024.
Once your application is successful then you will be required to pay the registration fee in full in order to secure your place. We have dedicated certain number of spaces for the different regions of Africa, so we encourage you to register soon to avoid disappointment. Please find more details on:
- All YALDA Youth Members registered at a YALDA branch in their country/university or a member of a YALDA International Department for the special YALDA only registration fees
- Any Other Youth (aged 18-35) for normal registration fees
- All other youth must submit a duly completed i-Boot Camp application form before the deadline of Sunday 31st December, 2023.
- Once you are notified of your successful application, you will be required to pay the i-Boot Camp registration in full in order to secure your place at the i-Boot Camp.
- New special requirement: you must have an operational business that is one that has customers and is already generating revenues that you are looking to expand to other African countries. On a limited basis we will consider those with exceptional technical skills that are looking to join a business to help it expand across borders.
YALDA Members ONLY
- To receive the YALDA special registration fees, as a YALDA youth member you need to be registered with a YALDA branch of International Department before registering for the i-Boot Camp.
- You are also required to submit an i-Boot Camp application by the deadline of Sunday 31st December, 2023.
- Once you are notified of your successful application, you will be required to pay the i-Boot Camp registration in full in order to secure your place at the Camp. You will receive a coupon code from your Branch Executive team or your Department Head for the YALDA member discount that you will be able to enter upon checkout. You are NOT allowed to share this code with non-YALDA members.
- PLEASE NOTE: All YALDA Executive board members and general members elected as members of the month are automatically deemed “successful applicants”, but they must still complete the steps 1 to 2 above.
- Daily lunch and refreshment breaks
- Dinner on Wednesday night
- i-Boot Camp materials
- YALDA publications
- Keynote and Spotlight presentations
- Admission to all workshop and panel sessions
- Admission to all exhibits and showcases
- YALDA Paraphernalia with logo (1 item per registrant): T-shirt, Notepad, Folder, Pen
- One complimentary ticket to South African Welcome Reception on Thursday night (others can be purchased on site)
- One complimentary ticket to Networking Cocktail Reception on Friday night (others can be purchased on site)
- One complimentary ticket for Resources Exhibition (others can be purchased on site)
- i-Boot Camp Attendance Certificates (only available to Delegates who complete their assignments and attend the entire i-Boot Camp—attendance will be taken every day via registration table)
- For local and international delegates who paid for accommodation only: registration fees include shared accommodation for 5 nights and breakfast.
All registered attendees can take part in the Thursday South African Welcome Dinner and the Friday evening Cocktail and Resources Exhibition with their complimentary tickets.
The Saturday Fundraising Gala Dinner tickets will be available to all registered Delegates for a discounted rate $25 per head and drinks will be cash only.
The Saturday Social Activity following the Gala Dinner is open to everyone and tickets will be available for a discounted rate of $10 per head and drinks will be cash only.
YALDA will have optional cultural site visits on the afternoon of Sunday, 25th February, 2024. YALDA will only provide transportation to these excursions, so all entrance fees and other expenses are on account of the Delegate.
General Registration Fees
Please note: You will only be required to pay registration fees once your i-Boot Camp application has been successful.
|Local South African Delegate (excludes accommodation)
|International Delegate (includes accommodation for 5 nights sharing)
- YALDA would like to assure participants that all application responses are completely confidential and will not be divulged to any third parties and will not be used for any other purposes other than the sole purpose of assessing your candidacy as a delegate for the YALDA i-Boot Camp, 2024.
- i-Boot Camp application cancellations will be accepted through, 15th January, 2024.
- Full application cancellations will be subject to a $15 processing fee and refunds are only 50% of original cost.
- After the cancellation deadline, no refunds will be granted for cancelled registrations.
- There are no refunds for non-attendance.
- The approved refunds will be granted following the i-Boot Camp by June, 2024.
- Full refunds minus $15 processing fee will only be given to candidates who require a visa and had their visa application by the South African Embassy rejected. Evidence of the visa application, visa registration payment and submission and the rejection confirmation MUST be submitted for the full refund minus $15 processing fee to be processed.
All cancellations must be submitted to email@example.com or mailed and post-marked before cancellation deadline to:
Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa
P.O. Box 402581
All confirmations will be sent by email. If you need a written confirmation please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.